MAKE A SHORT FILM IN ONLY 2 DAYS!
From writing, shooting, and editing to delivery in only 48 fast and furious hours! What's this madness you ask? Well, it's the LOST WEEKEND 48H FILM CHALLENGE back with you again!
Brought to you by FILMREAKTER filmmakers' association with the support of the OEUVRE NATIONALE DE SECOURS GRAND-DUCHESSE CHARLOTTE, ARRI RENTAL and LUXEMBOURG CITY FILM FESTIVAL.
HOW, WHERE & WHEN
1. Create a team from among your friends - or find one to join using our Discord server.
2. Register your team here on our webpage, starting Saturday, January 27th, 09h00. Don't wait too long though, capacities are limited! Participation is free!
3. On Friday, March 1st at 19h00 we will all meet up for our KICK-OFF event. You will receive the address by email if your team registers in time. When the clock strikes 20h00, we will announce this edition's theme, a line of dialogue, and a prop that must feature in each film. While you wait for the prompts to be revealed, each team has to pull a genre out of our magic hat!
4. You will write, shoot, and edit your films between Friday and Sunday. You can use any language you prefer (we suggest using the one you and your actors are most comfortable with). If your film is not in English, you will need to provide English subtitles.
5. You should DELIVER your film to us in person, and no later than 20h00 on Sunday, March 3rd. The location will also be provided to you by email and mentioned at the Kick-off event.
Important information: handing in your film too late on Sunday may result in your film being disqualified.
6. On March 6th at 21h00, we will gather at the CINÉMATHÈQUE for the screening of all your films.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
LOST WEEKEND 48h film challenge is for everyone, from beginner filmmakers with no prior experience, to seasoned pros. Beginners will find it a great learning experience, while pros might discover it as a welcome way to loosen things up a bit again. This is an opportunity to experiment and to have fun; best of all, no one is going to judge you for making mistakes! The only mistake in a 48h film challenge is wasting precious time, so don't worry and don't fret - just get it done!
We encourage people of all ages to join, children included, but for the kick-off event and the delivery, minors under the age of 14 need to be accompanied by a parent.
If you want to join or create a team, but none of your friends is interested, reach out to us at email@example.com and ask to join our Discord server. You might come out of this not only with a new film to your name but also a group of brand-new like-minded friends!
WHAT IS THIS GOOD FOR?
For experienced filmmakers, making movies can quickly become a rather serious affair. There are all kinds of pressures - financial and otherwise - that can take away from the joy of being creative and the willingness to experiment. Here’s an opportunity to just have fun again. Filmmaking doesn't need to take months of your time or cost you a fortune. It can be quick, cheap, and exciting!
Also, we are strong believers in the democratic nature of filmmaking. You don’t need a diploma to make a film, to act, or to make film music. It’s a craft that is best learned by doing. So if you’ve never done it before, here’s a chance to try it out.
Finally, there’s something to be said about the stress, not sleeping enough, drinking too much coffee, constant adrenaline… As far as we're concerned, there's no better way to spend a weekend! Still, whatever you do, please stay safe and hydrated.